Breed Advisor only recommends products that we’ve tested, or significantly researched . This page contains affiliate links, that at no additional cost to you, may earn a small commission for the site. Find out more here.
What is the Best Treat for French Bulldogs?
- Top Pick: SmartBones SmartSticks Peanut Butter Chews Dog Treats
- Second best: American Journey Peanut Butter Recipe Grain-Free Oven Baked Crunchy Biscuit Dog Treats
- Third best: Triumph Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Jerky Dog Treats
- Recommended: True Chews Premium Jerky Cuts with Real Chicken Dog Treats
- Recommended: Merrick Power Bites Real Texas Beef Recipe Grain-Free Soft & Chewy Dog Treats
Comparing the Best Treat for French Bulldogs
In-Depth Reviews of Our Recommended Treats for French Bulldogs
SmartBones SmartSticks Peanut Butter Chews Dog Treats review
- Best chew treat
- High-quality ingredients
- Highly digestible
When you’re looking for the best treat for a French Bulldog, the SmartBones SmartSticks Peanut Butter Chews Dog Treats should be at the top of your list, especially if your pup loves to chew. They contain real chicken and vegetables, as well as other high-quality ingredients. They make an excellent alternative to rawhide, which is dangerous for dogs.
I found that my dogs loved these chews, and they were fairly long lasting, especially with my small breeds. They’re highly digestible and can even help to clean your dog’s teeth and stimulate their gums while they chew.
- Owners found that this was a great, safe alternative to rawhide for their dogs
- Many found that their dogs loved these chews and would get very excited when given them, even with dogs who are usually picky about what they eat
- Many owners found these chews lasted a little while and kept their dog occupied, especially with small breeds
- Owners generally felt these treats were an appealing taste and texture for their dog
- Most owners felt these treats were high-quality and good for their dog
- Softer and not as long lasting as some other chews, which some owners were disappointed about
- Some owners found their dogs simply didn’t like these treats
- Some felt these treats weren’t good value, in particular mentioning the high cost and small amount in the packet
- Some owners found these treats didn’t agree with their dog’s digestion and didn’t feel the ingredients were good for their dog
- Some felt these treats weren’t as good quality as they expected
American Journey Peanut Butter Recipe Grain-Free Oven Baked Crunchy Biscuit Dog Treats review
- Best biscuit treat
- Oven baked
- Natural ingredients
The American Journey Peanut Butter Recipe Grain-Free Oven Baked Crunchy Biscuit Dog Treats are an excellent option if your dog loves a biscuit. They’re made with natural ingredients, including dry roasted peanuts, peas, and chickpeas. I loved that they were free of hidden nasties like artificial colors, flavors and preservatives, which I felt made them high-quality for my dogs.
They’re oven baked, making them crunchy and crispy for your pup. They’re bite-sized so you can take them with you on the go. They’re even grain-free, making them even better for your dog and suitable for dogs with allergies or wheat sensitivities.
- Most owners found their dogs loved these biscuits and were excited each time their owner brought out the packet
- Owners liked that these treats were oven baked, appreciating the crunchy texture of these treats
- Owners felt these treats contained high-quality ingredients, in particular mentioning them being grain-free and containing natural ingredients
- Many felt these treats were good value given the reasonable price and high-quality
- Owners generally felt the flavor and smell of these treats was appealing for their dog
- Many owners found that their dog didn’t like these treats and wouldn’t eat them
- Some felt these treats were too hard and worried that they weren’t good for their dog’s teeth
- Some owners felt they didn’t get enough treats in the bag, mentioning they didn’t feel they were good value
Triumph Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Jerky Dog Treats review
- Best jerky treat
- Natural ingredients
- Free of hidden nasties
If your dog loves jerky, the Triumph Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Jerky Dog Treats might be the best option for you. Packed full of natural ingredients including real salmon, sweet potatoes, and blueberries, these treats will keep your pup coming back for more. They’re free of artificial colors or flavors, and are grain free to ensure your dog is getting the best quality.
My dogs loved the taste of this jerky and I felt they were a healthy option for my pups. I liked that they could be broken up or used as more of a chew. I generally felt they were a great, high-quality option.
- Many owners found that their dogs loved these treats and preferred them over others they’d tried, even with picky dogs
- Owners liked that these treats could be broken up into smaller pieces and could be used for training or used whole as chews
- Owners liked that the ingredients were high-quality and natural, feeling the treats were good for their dog
- Many liked that the treats didn’t contain hidden nasties, which made them good for dogs on specific diets or with allergies
- Many felt that these were excellent quality treats and said they would recommend them to others
- Some found that their dog didn’t like these treats and preferred others
- Some found that these treats didn’t agree with their dog’s digestive system
- Treats can be prone to breakage during postage which some owners were disappointed about
- Due to the natural ingredients, some owners found that once the bag was open, the treats went off quickly, which many felt was down to the new packaging
- Some felt that the ingredients of these treats weren’t as high-quality as they would have expected
True Chews Premium Jerky Cuts with Real Chicken Dog Treats review
- Best chicken treat
- 100% US-sourced chicken
- Natural and high-quality
If you’re looking for the best dog treat for Frenchies, the True Chews Premium Jerky Cuts with Real Chicken Dog Treats are worth considering. Made with 100% U.S.-sourced chicken combined with other natural ingredients, these treats are not only tasty for your pup, they’re also great quality. They’re free of any artificial additives or grains, making them perfect for dogs with sensitive tummies.
I loved that these treats were seasoned to make them packed with flavor for my pups. I liked that they had a soft and chewy texture and could easily be broken up into smaller pieces. My dogs loved these treats and were eager for more each time I brought out the packet.
- Most owners said that their dogs absolutely loved these treats, and they would even order them via auto-ship, so they always had a supply in the home
- Owners found these treats were very high-value for training and could be broken up into smaller pieces
- Owners liked that these treats were softer than other jerky, making them perfect for small mouths or those with missing teeth
- Owners loved the natural ingredients and felt they were high-quality treats for their dog
- Many felt that these natural treats were gentle on their dog’s digestive system
- Due to the natural ingredients, these treats can go off quickly, with some owners recommending keeping them in the fridge
- Some found these treats were too tough and chewy for their small dog
- Some owners found these treats didn’t agree with their dog’s digestive system
- Some weren’t happy with a recent change in formula with the treats, feeling the ingredients were better in the original formula
- Some said their dog didn’t like these treats and preferred others
Merrick Power Bites Real Texas Beef Recipe Grain-Free Soft & Chewy Dog Treats review
- Best training treat
- Bite-sized pieces
- Natural ingredients
If you need the best training treat for a French Bulldog, the Merrick Power Bites Real Texas Beef Recipe Grain-Free Soft & Chewy Dog Treats are an excellent choice. They’re bite-sized and low calorie, making them perfect training treats. They’re made with real beef as well as other natural ingredients to ensure they’re tasty and full of good stuff for your pup.
These bites are free of any hidden nasties and are even full of protein and omega fatty acids which are great for your dog’s health. My dogs loved these treats and I found them very handy for taking on walks for training as a high-value treat.
- Most owners found that their dog loved these treats, even for dogs who are very picky about their food
- Owners found the small size made these treats perfect for training, as well as for dogs who were trying to lose some weight
- Owners loved that the treats contained natural ingredients, feeling they were very high-quality
- Many found that these treats were gentle on their dog’s digestive system, even for those who have sensitive stomachs or specific food requirements
- Many liked that these treats could be broken up to make them even smaller for training
- Some owners didn’t like the texture of these treats, feeling they were too hard or tough for their dog
- Many stated that their dog didn’t like these treats and wouldn’t eat them
- Some found that these treats didn’t agree with their dog’s digestive system
- Some found that these treats weren’t as high-quality as they expected
Things to Look for in a Treat for a French Bulldog
To help you choose the best treats for a French Bulldog, you can look for the following:
Choosing treats made from high-quality ingredients ensures your pup is getting something that’s good for their health, as well as being tasty. Ideally, natural ingredients are best without artificial additives. It’s important you don’t give your dog rawhide or bones, as these can cause an obstruction or choking hazard and be unsafe.
Since Frenchie’s can be prone to putting on weight, it’s important to choose treats that are high in nutritional value and that are ideally low in calories. Keep a close eye on how many treats you’re feeding your pup to avoid unhealthy weight gain.
Fit for Purpose
Consider what you want the treat for: do you want a chew to keep your dog occupied? Or do you need small treats for training? You might want a treat that will help with your dog’s dental care, or something that will have a lot of health benefits. Take your time to decide what’s best for your needs.
Correct Size for Your Dog
Of course, you need the treat to be the right size for your so dog so that they can fit in their mouth and chew it comfortably. Frenchies are small dogs but have wide mouths, so take your time to find a treat that will be suitable.
Correct Texture and Strength for Your Dog
The texture and strength of the treat you need will depend on its purpose, as well as your dog’s health. If you want a long-lasting chew, you will want a strong chew that will keep them occupied for a while. If your dog is a puppy, or is older and doesn’t have many teeth, something softer will be more suitable.
Some treats have additional benefits, such as having ingredients that are good for your dog’s skin, coat, or joints. Others might help to clean your dog’s teeth as they chew. Keep an eye out for additional benefits that you think might be useful for your pooch.
Treat Safety Advice
It’s always best to supervise your dog while they’re eating a treat, especially if it’s the first time they’ve tried it, to prevent any choking hazards. Ensure the treat is the right size and strength for your dog. Avoid rawhide and bones, as these can cause blockages and other safety hazards.
Treats for French Bulldogs FAQ
Can French Bulldogs have treats?
Yes, French Bulldogs can have treats: all dogs deserve to have treats from time to time, and they can be very useful for training. Be careful with how many treats you feed your Frenchie, as they can gain weight easily.
We love to treat our furbabies, after all, they’re adorable and they deserve it! Choosing the right treats ensures you’re giving your dog something that’s good for them, as well as tasty.